Sunday, January 29, 2012

You Matter to Him


“You Matter To Him”
President Uchtdorf

--Today in Young Womans, madeline and i got to teach about finding joy in our divine potential. It's so important that we can realize that we are truly sons and daughters of a diety, a divine being. because we are actaully "royaly" we should act like it. As we grow up and go through different stages in our life, we need to try and see ourselves through God's eyes and not through the worlds. God can see our potential, and we cannot. It's easy to get caught up in creating your identity within the worlds "standards", but its vital that we discover our identity by looking at ourselves in the way God sees us. Being to look in the mirror and look past your imperfections helps us see ourselves as a daughter of God filled with divine potential. And that is what we truly are. Here is just a quote from President Uchtdorf's talk from this past general conference...




"Given the vastness of God’s creations, it’s no wonder the great King Benjamin counseled his people to “always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness.”6
And while we may look at the vast expanse of the universe and say, “What is man in comparison to the glory of creation?” God Himself said we are the reason He created the universe. This is a paradox of man: compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are everything to God. While against the backdrop of infinite creation we may appear to be nothing, we have a spark of eternal fire burning within our breast. We have the incomprehensible promise of exaltation—worlds without end—within our grasp. And it is God’s great desire to help us reach it
I knew that it didn’t matter to Heavenly Father where I was, where I ranked with others in my pilot training class, or what my calling in the Church was. What mattered to Him was that I was doing the best I could, that my heart was inclined toward Him, and that I was willing to help those around me. I knew if I did the best I could, all would be well. All was well. My dear brothers and sisters, it may be true that man is nothing in comparison to the greatness of the universe. At times we may even feel insignificant, invisible, alone, or forgotten. But always remember—you matter to Him!"

1 comment:

  1. Such a great message - thanks for posting this. I've had fun getting caught up on your blog and I love all of your new pictures on the side. You are so gorgeous Chels! Hope we get to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete