Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Find Joy in the Journey!

alright, i admit it. College is HARD! I didn't expect it to be easy, but i didn't expect it to be emotionally, physically and mentally draining. And its only the first semester. I guess lately i've found a lot of things to complain about. But I writing here, right now mainly to clear my own thoughts and to change my own attitude.

Why is it sometimes we just feel... blah? You know those days.. Why is it like that? I mean, life is great. You are doing what you've always wanted to do. You have all the resources you need. And you are blessed in so many ways but you just feel like there's a cloud over your head. I am ashamed to admit i feel that way when the Lord has given me so much and all i can give back is a bottle of nothin'.

As a part of my job, i work with professors here at BYU in the Business School. I love my job. Not just because i get to sit in a nice comfortable chair and have a name tag and candy, but that i work with the most amazing people in the world. The life of a professor isn't easy, in fact, I am sure it is plenty stressful. Yet, they seem to come into to work every day with an outgoing, positive and energetic attitude. Same with the General Authorities of the church. Their lives are FULL of craziness. So the question is... how are they so happy? And the answer
Find Joy in the Journey.

I realized that finding happiness in life is more than just being successful, or having a large secure group of friends, or always looking your best, or spending your time doing what you love. Life is about change. Its about growing through your struggles. Its about those hard nights when you can't take any more reading. Its about those moments you want to give up, and you don't. Its finding joy in our every day lives. President Hinkley said that "life is to be enjoyed, not endured". We can't spend our whole lives saying to ourselves, I sure can't wait for this day to be over, or I can't wait until i'm done with college or whatever it might be. Let's find happiness in today. So bring it on world, and Come What May and Love it.


-Chels



No comments:

Post a Comment