Monday, July 8, 2013

My formula to Confidence

Like i've posted several times before, i just want to be better and I'm just feeling that i can't quite reach my full self right now, I'm just a little bit stuck for some reason. I WANT TO MOVE FORWARD. My head was a big jumbled up mess about 20 minutes ago, but i sat down, wrote down everything i had on my mind and just tried to sort it out. Here's what i came up with: My formula to Confidence. Like i said earlier, true confidence demands that we understand God first, so several of these "ingredients" require me to gain a stronger relationship with my Heavenly Father.



My formula to Confidence:

Daily Scripture Study (not when you’re tired)
 - I really have a hard time not falling asleep when i read, and not letting my head wander into other thought.

Meaningful prayer at least twice a day (prove your desire to God)
 - You can really build a relationship with God. I usually thought that was just reading scriptures and praying but it's more like a real live relationship. Kinda like what you have with your mom or dad

Have patience with others and also yourself
 - I admit, lately i have been extremely impatient with those around me. I'm just grateful for their example in being patient with all my imperfections. 

Be more in tune to the spirit, show more emotion (crying is good)
 -  Don't be afraid to show emotion and truly care about everyone

Incorporate the atonement into my life, see how it works
- I don't think i truly understand the power of the atonement. I know what it is, and what the blessings are i just don't think I've let it influence my life in the extent that i want it to. 

Have no fears
 -  I probably have too many fears than i am supposed to have. I'm scared about my future, i'm scared to date, i'm scared of moving, i'm scared to change, i'm scared to say the wrong thing, i'm scared to make the wrong impression, i'm scared i won't marry the right person, i'm scared to fail, I'm scared because i have so many options that i will make the wrong choice. Williamson states, "our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure". very true, i guess I'm just scared of how much potential i have that i don't know where to go with it. 

Be more proactive
 - Take initiative to help, be honest with everyone, be outgoing

Don’t let anyone’s opinion persuade you to be different, love yourself
 - Taking advice and incorporating good values is obviously important . But nobody's influence can degrade my value as a daughter of God.

Be more practical and responsible 
- I like to goof off but if I strap down in some areas i think I'll be a more successful and productive person. But I'll always have fun in life. 19 years old forever!!!!! I never want to grow up. 

Have your priorities straight (God-Family-Myself-Friends)
 -If my priorities aren't straight then I cannot become my best self.

Find the good in every situation
- Lately i just have had a negative attitude about life, for some reason the negative sticks out more. but i don't like myself that way, I'm not happy. I am going to look for the good in everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment