I've been meaning to write on here more often than i have. I haven't even written in my journal, but i figured this was a lot faster. I cannot even express how great this semester has been so far! I love all my classes and i've really learned a lot. So much in fact that every day i just want to write pages and pages of what i've learned but clearly i don't have enough time for that. First of all my classes are quite incredible...
1. Book of Mormon (always a good one)
2. Freshman Writing (I have put a lot of effort into this class because i NEED to be a better writer)
3. American Heritage (It's not that bad. I actually quite enjoy hearing the stories of our heritage)
4. Art History (probably my favorite class, and it's definetly going to be a possible major for me)
5. Integrity (Who can go wrong? Learning to be a better person)
6. Intermediate Volleyball (booyah)
Along with my classes, i've decided to read the Book of Mormon all the way through (it should take me until June). I also joined an Intramural basketball team, so we'll see how that one goes ;)
I'm looking forward to this weekend though because i get to spend a weekend in St. George with mom! I'm happy, and hoping that the weather will be a little nicer there. (I'm literally dying because i'm always so cold)
Another awesome thing about today is that 10 of my friends get their missions calls.
-Tate, Chris, Erik, Tanner G., Hannah B., (rachel's 5 friends), and some other kid in my ward. THIS I CRAZY. I also have about 5 farewells to go to in the next 2 weeks. Insane.
I'd like to leave a thought that i just discovered in 1Nephi 18 that applied to my life today:
First of all Nephi and his brothers are on a ship heading towards the Promised Land. As a result of Laman and Lemuel's wickedness the Lord causes the Sea to act in every way against their ship. Nephi is tied up and remains helpless but continually prays to God for help. (principle: never give up on God when you think he might be giving up on you- cause he isn't) Nephi's parents, being stricken in years, "suffered much grief because of their children, they were brought down, yea even upon their sick beds... they were brought near even to be carried out of this time to meet their God." Nephi goes on to talk about the tears and struggles of his family. He says that his wife was grieved, and he saw, "with her tears and prayers." When Laman and Lemuel saw they were about to be swallowed up by the sea they loosed Nephi of his bands. Being the strong and courageus man that Nephi was, "took the compass, and it did work whither i desired it." Nephi then says, "i prayed unto the Lord; and after i had prayed the winds did cease and there was a great calm... and it came to pass that i did guide the ship, that we sailed again towards the promised land."
I particularly love this story, not only because it relates to my personal life, but that it teaches me to take the wheel and steer the ship where it should go. Even if the waves are more powerful, more strong, and far more in control that you are doesn't mean that you should lose faith and hope. Take the wheel and steer in against the rough waters, use your faith in the Lord to give you power, be always attentive to the Spirit to direct you where you must go, and never ever.... EVER give up.
Have a wonderful night!
Chels
No comments:
Post a Comment